Today we are all about recycling and utilizing tossable items in new and exciting ways, and here is one great example for the holiday season! These toilet paper tube ornaments are shaped into cute stars and painted… no one (except the crafters themselves, maybe!) would know that they are simply made from discarded paper tubes. This idea is simple and makes for a beautiful ornament for any Christmas tree. Enjoy!
- empty toilet paper rolls (one per star)
- liquid school glue
- clothes pins
- gold craft paint
- small brushes
- craft glitter
- Slightly flatten the toilet paper rolls and cut into 3/4 inch rings. You should be able to get six to eight rings from each tube.
- Dab some glue on the tip of the ring and adhere to another ring. Use a clothes pin to help them stay together while drying.
- Adhere rings together all the way around until you have the desired shaped. Allow to dry completely.
- Paint the stars. Either use craft paint and small brushes or place them in a paper bag in a well ventilated area and use spray paint to get the job done quickly.
- While the paint is still wet, sprinkle the surface with glitter. Dry completely before adding these adorable DIY stars to your holiday decor.