Bees are buzzing, flowers are blooming, and the temperature is high. It’s summer, and gardening season is in full swing. Why not add a special touch to a flowerpot for use in your home or yard? This craft would make a great gift with a pair of garden gloves, clippers, seeds and sunscreen tucked inside the pot.
- Flowerpot and saucer
- Paint and brush
- Paper towels
- Printable graphic
- Tissue paper
- Mod Podge
- Clear spray sealer
1. Put a small amount of paint on the paintbrush, and dab the brush on paper towels to remove most of the paint. Brush paint on the pot and saucer to create an aged, weathered effect.
2. Tape a piece of tissue paper to a sheet of printer paper, and print a graphic from your computer on the tissue paper.
3. Peel tissue from printer paper, and cut closely around the graphic.
4. Brush a small amount of Mod Podge on the pot where the graphic will be applied. Apply image using your finger to smooth out any wrinkles. Brush Mod Podge over the graphic.
5. After the Mod Podge dries, spray clear sealer on both the inside and outside of the pot to protect the image and paint.
Get Creative with Other Ideas
- Decorated pots filled with pretty flowers would make a great centerpiece for a bridal or baby shower.
- This craft is perfect for kids! Let them pick out their graphic, print it out, and have fun making their own pot to keep in their room.
- Decorate pots with a school logo, and use them for decorating a tailgate table at games.
- Paint pots in a seasonal color, apply a seasonal graphic and fill with treats for a perfect hostess or neighbor gift.